State agencies recruit for director, architect
This story is limited to Techwire Insider members.
This story is limited to Techwire Insider members. Log in below to read this story or learn more about membership.
State government departments recruit for a variety of specialized technology positions.
The California High-Speed ââRail Authority is seeking a director (IT Manager I) for project delivery and business operations, which includes three general areas of responsibility: IT project and portfolio management, IT project management office, and IT business operations. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee projects from start to finish, adhering to best practices of the project management lifecycle and the system development lifecycle.
- Liaise with external oversight agencies to ensure appropriate approvals are obtained, including project approval lifecycle and budget change proposal processes.
- Design and / or develop reports for the IT office, including project portfolio reports and status reports relevant to internal and external audiences.
- Develop and manage IT governance processes to ensure IT activities are aligned with authority priorities and goals.
- Manage the planning, development and maintenance of the IT office budget.
- Participate in the procurement of IT goods and services, including market research, solution analysis and development of solicitation documents.
- Support review of contractor’s deliverables for approval to ensure alignment with requirements, expectations and best practices.
Additional information on the role and requirements can be found in the job posting and statement of duties. The position has a monthly salary range of $ 8,381 to $ 11,231, and the application deadline is December 17.
The Department of Toxic Substance Control (DTSC) is seeking a chief enterprise solutions architect (IT Specialist III) to provide leadership, direction, training plans and coordination of work activities and resources for the Department’s Enterprise Architecture (EA) team.
The leader is responsible for establishing the department’s IT strategic plan, which helps ensure that the most complex projects are aligned with the department’s strategic plan. The architect has authority and decision-making responsibility for DTSC’s data center and multicloud environments and will be responsible for the architecture of enterprise-wide solutions and services, as per the job posting. .
Other responsibilities of the architect include:
- Directs, plans, organizes, directs, monitors and controls the activities of the EA team and technical staff.
- Facilitates the development, management and governance of current and future enterprise architectures (business, data, service / application and technology) according to the strategic direction of the company.
- Assesses short-term needs, using EA processes to establish business priorities.
- Consult with commercial and technical experts in the field (SMEs) and develop alternative solutions.
- Advises on options, risks, cost-benefits, impacts on other business processes and system priorities.
- Defines high-level migration plans to close gaps between current and future state, ensuring alignment with IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
- Manages the EA communication strategy and communicates and promotes the EA process, results and outcomes to the organization, including organizational leaders, managers, projects, staff and others Staff. Provide regular reports to CIO and CTO.
Additional details about the role can be found in the duty statement. The position has a monthly salary range of $ 8,488 to $ 11,375, and the application deadline is December 16.
And the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) has extended its recruitment for a data architect (IT Specialist III) to serve “as a specialist advisor providing expertise and strategic technical direction in the development of architectural platforms, data performance and systems aligned with current and future organizational needs”, as offered by ‘use.
âThe IT Specialist III requires expert level knowledge and hands-on experience in designing efficient and complex data designs for transaction processing, data analysis and data warehousing,â the publication states. “The incumbent uses master’s level expertise and skills in future technology trends, technical components, interfaces, protocols and architectures to advise management on the formulation of strategy, policy and data management governance. “
Additional details about the role are available in the duty statement. This position has a monthly salary range of $ 8,488 to $ 11,375, and the application deadline is December 20.