Here’s how to get your tax refund sooner
ROCHESTER, NY (WROC) – There’s one simple step that will get you your tax refund sooner this year.
Matt Bryant of the New York State Society of CPAs said this step is to file your tax return electronically. He discussed the benefits of e-filing Thursday during News 8 at Sunrise.
What is E-Filling Your Tax Returns?
- File your tax returns for the IRS and New York State through the online website
- Digitally sign and file your IRS and New York State tax returns
Who is eligible for the Free File software?
- Taxpayers with income of $73,000 or less in 2021
- Available for data entry and filing now
- Enables electronic filing of your IRS and New York State tax returns at no cost
Where is the Free File software available?
What if you won over $73,000?
- The website lists approved software available for taxpayers to file their returns online.
- Will be able to file your IRS and New York State tax returns online for a fee
What are the advantages of E-File?
- Calculations are automated
- Taxpayers receive confirmation that their tax returns have been received
- If you select direct deposit, your refunds can be received up to two weeks sooner
What if a taxpayer has questions about their tax return?
- A trusted accountant can be a great resource for tax filings